Gibson Brands Forums

In search for the perfect match pickup

EvoRider

I am about to install a Angus Young sig. pickup in the bridge position on my 05 Epiphone Les Paul standard. I would like to pair it with the perfect match in the neck position. I am just not sure what would work well with the Angus pickup. I mostly play Classic Rock with a little Grunge and metal. with a tad of blues... please give me some pointers. Thanks

considering that the Angus has an ever so slightly lower output than a 500T ceramic.....i'd try a 496R ceramic.....sweet tones from low to high range, and it won't break the bank.

The Angus bridge PU has a (medium output) A5 magnet. I wouldn't put a ceramic magnet PU (496R) in the neck slot; regardless of resistence (ohms), ceramics magnets are much stronger than A5's, and there is far more string energy in the neck slot. To balance their volumes, a 496R in the neck should be paired with an overwound ceramic PU in the bridge.

What PU does Angus use in the neck slot?

What PU does Angus use in the neck slot?

That is a very Good Question. I hope somebody can answer it. But i dont think Angus ever uses his neck pickup. But i would sure like to know what it is...

Archived