Gibson Brands Forums

first SG

sonic

Hi everyone

im new to the forum and are looking for an sg but not sure what to go for,i have a lp menace and love it but just want to expand things a bit obviously like the look of the sg menace but is it that different to the lp!!mainly playing rock/metal but are going heaver at the mo, any suggestions please:-k

Hi everyone

im new to the forum and are looking for an sg but not sure what to go for' date='i have a lp menace and love it but just want to expand things a bit obviously like the look of the sg menace but is it that different to the lp!!mainly playing rock/metal but are going heaver at the mo, any suggestions please:-k [/quote']

The SG Menace will definitely do metal a little better than the LP Menace because of the neck joint location. I would go with that or the GOW SG with EMGs like AS90 said. You know you wan the EMGs...

IMG_1134.jpg

You want metal...you want this! Like others have said...its pretty sweet. May be hard to find, I'm not sure. Gibson did a run of 400. If you live near me I know of one for sale (not mine)

In general, I think you're safe with most SGs. '61 RI have the 57s and Standards have 490/498T p/ups. Of these two guitars, I'd say the Standard would suit your needs more.

Picture004.jpg

Did somebody say Standard?? :P

Picture008-1.jpg

Archived