Gibson Brands Forums

question about LPC

Zeppeholic

http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/Les-Paul/Gibson-Custom/Les-Paul-Custom.aspx

"Today’s Les Paul Custom is based on the model from the mid-1950s, but with several modern appointments. The body is crafted with a hand-carved maple top, which is fitted to a body made from a solid piece of mahogany with strategically routed holes to lessen the weight of the guitar, resulting in a Les Paul with enhanced acoustic qualities and improved resonance."

That would indicate traditional weight relief.

http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/Les-Paul/Gibson-Custom/Les-Paul-Custom.aspx

"Today’s Les Paul Custom is based on the model from the mid-1950s, but with several modern appointments. The body is crafted with a hand-carved maple top, which is fitted to a body made from a solid piece of mahogany with strategically routed holes to lessen the weight of the guitar, resulting in a Les Paul with enhanced acoustic qualities and improved resonance."

That would indicate traditional weight relief.

Damnit...

Sorry, I've read a lot of discriptions saying SOLID MAHOGANY

Well, thanks

I am rather curious when a '60s neck Gibson USA Les Paul with a real solid mahogany body will be released. It took me as a surprise when they started to make the Traditional 2013 featuring the late'50s neck without any weight relief after thirty years. This guitar is a bestseller, and by owning one myself I pretty well do know why. [thumbup]

Due to the Traditional 2013's ongoing success, they maybe are considering a '60s neck version with a fully massive body, too, whatever they may call this model. I believe there still is some hope left... :rolleyes:

I am rather curious when a '60s neck Gibson USA Les Paul with a real solid mahogany body will be released. It took me as a surprise when they started to make the Traditional 2013 featuring the late'50s neck without any weight relief after thirty years. This guitar is a bestseller, and by owning one myself I pretty well do know why. [thumbup]

Due to the Traditional 2013's ongoing success, they maybe are considering a '60s neck version with a fully massive body, too, whatever they may call this model. I believe there still is some hope left... :rolleyes:

I suggested that on the Gibson website. They'd make a ton of money. i'd buy one in Light Burst or Tea Burst... as long as they have many finishes to choose from.

I also wish they'd have a solid bodied LPC with a 60's neck

Archived