Gibson Brands Forums

identify theft SUCKS!

brc

I was the victim of identity theft in 2011. Some jack a-- actually filed a false income tax return on me, plus a state tax return.

Around June of this year I started getting letters from the IRS, Ca Franchise tax board, and Disability office.

I have been on full disability for over 12 years now, due to some serious construction injuries.

Of course I was surprised, and after meeting with the IRS, Disability office a couple of times, they started their investigation. It took about 6 months to complete, and I thought it was a done deal. Never heard anything back from the state of Ca. after I sent them the same as the other agencies.

Now the state of Ca. has a hair up their butt, and will not accept the results from the other agencies, showing that in fact there was identify theft.

I have sent the state of Ca. everything from the other agencies, but I guess its not good enough

I bet I have spent close to 40+ hours dealing with this mess,faxing papers, getting copies, phone calls.

What is ironic is the time that I "worked" according to the state of Ca. is when I was in the hospital recovering from a stroke.

Now they want hospital records showing the date I was admitted, how long was the stay, doctors names. They want every thing but a dirty pair of socks, which is starting to sound like a good idea in itself.

I have always been Very careful about shredding any papers that may have any information on it, so its a little difficult to understand how some one got any of my information.

Just a word of advise I guess, You can Never be too careful when it comes to you personal information.

Rotten SOB thieves.

Someone tried it on me also, hacked my debit card number and tried to buy a subscription to the boston gazette and a subscription to e-harmony. I caught it and disputed it before they went thru. I called the gazette but those a$$holes wouldn't give me the name or address of the prick that ordered it so I was stuck

Someone tried it on me also, hacked my debit card number and tried to buy a subscription to the boston gazette and a subscription to e-harmony.

Worst identity theft purchase ever.

I would have got me a nice new LP or a 60' HDTV.

I was lucky in one sense. When I received a letter from the IRS that I was going to receive this huge refund for 2011, I called them and told them I did not work in 2011 and did not file a return. They were going to send the check out in just a couple of days, but put a hold on it. I told them there has to be an address where to send that check, but I dont know if they followed up on it or not.

It has been just a pain in the arse, it is unbelievable.

There also are advocates that the IRS gave me the phone numbers to who fight for the people who had their identity stolen.

I was careful before this happened. I am paranoid about it now.

I know that some people you talk to can be S.O.Bs like you mentioned.

Archived