Gibson Brands Forums

LP Custom Florentine

Arthur Dent

Okay, thinking of getting strap locks for this guitar.

Did the forum search and found a lot of info, but most of it is fairly dated, so I thought I'd throw this out there.

Are there any strap locks for a Les Paul Custom Florentine that do NOT require re-drilling the holes or modifying the strap locks or screws? In other words, just

a direct replacement.

Older threads show that the Schaller screws did not fit most LP's. I have no desire to modify anything if I can help it (particularly NOT the LP).

Has this changed? What are my options?

Any help appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

Nothing has changed. The strap lock screws are always just a little bigger diameter than the one that comes on the guitar. I have put strap locks on all my guitars however and don't recall having to drill a bigger hole or anything. You want them good and snug and you can't go on stage and play without strap locks. You are not modifying the guitar at all, just protecting it. I have used a few different ones and find the schallers to work the best.

Thanks for the response.

Ended up going with LOXX, which work well. Didn't have to play with the holes in the body of the guitar at all, which was fortunate. Did have to make a slightly wider hole on

the straps, though, to accommodate the locks.

Funny how they don't target Les Paul's with a strap lock that works without mods.

My LPs have Schaller locks. The screws are actually smaller than stock. I split wooden toothpicks lengthwise and put half in the hole to make them snug when I screw in the slightly smaller screw.

Works fine. Been like this on my B7 for more than 10 years or so without a problem.

Archived