Gibson Brands Forums

Original list price for 2006 Gibson Les Paul Junior?

old mark

Anyone have an idea what these listed for when new? It's a standard issue single cut single P90 sunburst Les Paul Junior. It's in very good condition, but I'm interested in the Gibson catalog price when it was new...I assume it is not a custom shop or special edition, but it is a regular glossy finish sunburst, top wrap stop tailpiece model.

Any help?

thanks.

mark

Anyone have an idea what these listed for when new? It's a standard issue single cut single P90 sunburst Les Paul Junior. It's in very good condition, but I'm interested in the Gibson catalog price when it was new...I assume it is not a custom shop or special edition, but it is a regular glossy finish sunburst, top wrap stop tailpiece model.

Any help?

thanks.

mark

AFAIK, the Custom Shop Juniors are the only ones made now without the tune-a-matic bridge. Those are listing above $3000 now and cost about $2400 in the store if you can find them. I can't remember seeing a Gibson USA Junior with only a stop bar and glossy finish in the last few years. What did you pay for yours?

AFAIK, the Custom Shop Juniors are the only ones made now without the tune-a-matic bridge. Those are listing above $3000 now and cost about $2400 in the store if you can find them. I can't remember seeing a Gibson USA Junior with only a stop bar and glossy finish in the last few years. What did you pay for yours?

Mine was made in 2006, cost me about $550 with a nice Gibson case. That's one reason I was asking...I haven't seen any others either.

A previous owned changed tot stop TP for this adjustable one...I have a top wrap TP for it, but I'm thinking I will take ti to a good local tech for a set up rather than hack at it myself...

DSCN1487_zpscfac333a.jpg

The guy I bought it from was second or even third owner, and said he knew nothing about it. He didn't like it much, and had hardly played it.

It is very heavy, which surprised me, and I like the fat neck. I think I will have an expert set it up...it is a very nice guitar.

Thanks.

ANYONE know the original list price in 2006? msp_confused.gif

mark

Not sure what List price or "street price" was for these, but ran across two new ones still in stock at Huber and Breese Music in Sterling Heights Michigan (Detroit area) about 3 weeks ago. One was a burst like yours and the other was Pellham Blue. They had them tagged at $699.00.

That's a great looking one you have there. Bridge looks funky though...

Not sure what List price or "street price" was for these, but ran across two new ones still in stock at Huber and Breese Music in Sterling Heights Michigan (Detroit area) about 3 weeks ago. One was a burst like yours and the other was Pellham Blue. They had them tagged at $699.00.

That's a great looking one you have there. Bridge looks funky though...

I took that bridge off and replaced it with a regular top wrap, and hated it. I'm putting the funky bridge back on right now.

Looks funny, but it plays in tune all the way up with 9's, and that's what I wanted from this guy...

If they are selling NOS NOW for $700, I'd guess list price was maybe $1200 - $1300.

Mine has a few small dings and scuffs, but it feels really good, and when I get the tuning straight, I'm sure it will be a good player.

mark

Archived