Gibson Brands Forums

Manraze : Def Leppard/Sex Pistols Side Project

Rabs

Hmmm... Sort of interesting.. Saw this on the Gibson main page

http://www2.gibson.com/News-Lifestyle/News/en-us/Def-Leppard-Sex-Pistols-Side-Project-Releases-EP.aspx

Manraze, the band featuring Def Leppard’s Phil Collen, The Sex Pistols’ Paul Cook and Girl’s Simon Laffy, have released a new EP titled I Surrender.

It’s a wonder Collen has been able to fit in any new Manraze activity: ht’s currently working on his own blues album called Delta Deep, featuring soul singer Debbi Blackwell-Cook, and is also writing an autobiography to be released by Simon & Shuster/Atria in late 2014.

And he’s hitting the studio with Def Leppard in February to write and record new music. Meanwhile Cook is currently playing with Edwyn Collins as well as with Subway Sect, while Laffy has written two historical fiction novels (Red Sunrise and Seed of Satan), which are in the process of being published.

But for now the focus is on Manraze and I Surrender. A teaser of the EP is available on YouTube and it reveals a diverse trio of songs: “I Surrender” (a Def Leppard-style mid tempo ballad), “All I Wanna Do” (a laid-back acoustic track with some breezy vocal harmonies) and “Connected” (a riff-heavy rocker that has shades of Whitesnake’s dirtier blues-rock moments

They got some Youtube vids.. See what you reckon

Archived