Gibson Brands Forums

Another original song for veterans

livemusic

I didn't play a Gibson acoustic but my electric guitar player did. If the repair shop would hurry up and fix Fred's old 1956 Country Western that UPS smashed, I could've put it on here! Sheesh, that sucker has been in the shop awhile. Anyway, I can't hear my Martin D-41 in this mix, it's not mixed in. I do hear the 12-string. But anyway, we're still working on it.

If you are a vet or if you have a vet nearby who can hear this, I would love to have feedback on this. It's full of anger and despair... about the plight of the American veteran, circa 2013. I hope this "protest" song works, I sure like it and I have done a ton of work on this story and this recording. Fingers crossed.

https://soundcloud.com/bill-pittman/beer-is-out-bullets-are-in

Thats good stuff bill. While the i'm an acoustic player , I do love a good old electric guitar solo.

What do you think is missing from the song that makes you say its unfinished ?

My favourite song of this ilk is Richard Thompson's 'dads gonna kill me' .

Fred, still in the shop! Geez, they are taking a long time. But, I shall wait.

BBG, I think I am okay with everything being there that needs to be, now, it's a matter of mixing. In the early part of the song, we have to bring my guitar up because it, being a six-string has more weight than my session player's 12-string. Also a mixing thing for the electric guitar lead, gotta make him shine, it's just a rough mix. But also was considering have him play through the middle part of his lead rather than pause. I was concerned that his lead break was twice as long as it needs to be but we had him do it over and it's more continuous now. My natural inclination was to go to the next verse after the chorus halfway through that lead break that you hear. But, if we make his part "right," it'll be okay. Everything has to be killer, this song is hugely important to me. Says a lot. I hope it's taken well by the public and raises awareness. It's very dark but the music, on purpose, is kickbutt.

Archived