Gibson Brands Forums

government series ll

tmtstillrockin@51

I've seen them online. They don't have the green case, just a black one and they are tan instead of grey. They do seem to be legit Gibsons. I haven't found any reference to the number of guitars being made, but they have the COA like the first series. I have one of the LPs from the first series and if this set is anything like it, it'll be a nice guitar.

Why does Gibson not announce their releases on here, or am I missing it somewhere? Congrats on your new V, would have liked to have the explorer version. I checked everywhere online with no luck... A little frustrating..

From what I was told after I bought my Gov't Series LP and was looking for information on them, they are made in such limited numbers that Gibson doesn't even post them on their products list. When I was looking, I just found a sort of press release page.

Why does Gibson not announce their releases on here, or am I missing it somewhere? Congrats on your new V, would have liked to have the explorer version. I checked everywhere online with no luck... A little frustrating..

I was just lucky on this one. I had wanted (not needed) the grey flying v when they first came out. I was a little slow, and they were gone. Sweetwater put on their website that they had another, but I missed that one too!

Several weeks later I received a call from Sweetwater, and that Gibson was going to make another run, so I told them I wanted one for sure.

Months past, and I did not think this deal was going to happen. One day I got a call and it had arrived. I was told the color was "Desert" and case was black, but I still wanted it.......a happy ending.

My guess is you have to have someone where you order your equipment, always on the look out for things that you might want.

I have seen many Gibson guitars that I would have liked, but are never really seen or talked about till there are already gone!

• 1 month later...

I said this a while back about the first Government Series. To my knowledge, and please correct me if I'm wrong, the Gov't Series guitars are the first time a series of guitars were constructed as a protest against a government action. The joke is that they are "made with wood seized by the government with Dirty Fingers" They are a work of art, an exercise in freedom of speech, a thumbing the nose at "the man" for enforcing a poorly conceived law that forces them to follow regulations of foreign countries that their foreign competition can flat out ignore.

• 2 weeks later...

I received my flying V yesterday . I like it a lot, it is great how Gibson did them right down to the paint color . And it plays great . The Dirty Fingers are great pickups . I missed the first one but i was able to get the 2nd one . great pic of history .

Archived