Gibson Brands Forums

condenser mic stand thingy

blindboygrunt

There are "universal" mic clips available. The most common is the spring loaded butterfly type generally used for quick release.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/On-Stage-Stands-Clothespin-Microphone-Clip-420669-i1133762.gc

Something like the above works with many different size mics.

The other thing I have done with SM-81 style small diameter tube mics is wrap them with foam or something to make them of a diameter to fit in a standard SM-58 style clip.

Ah, a large diaphragm condensor......

At the end of the swivel assembly, under the little dome, I think you will find a standard female thread insert. If unscrewed from the desk stand you should be able to screw it on to a floor stand.

If not.....

... you can replace the stand mount end of the assembly, from the swivel crank knob back, with the yoke/stand mount portion from any standard "Shure" type mic clip.

Ah, a large diaphragm condensor......

At the end of the swivel assembly, under the little dome, I think you will find a standard female thread insert. If unscrewed from the desk stand you should be able to screw it on to a floor stand.

If not.....

... you can replace the stand mount end of the assembly, from the swivel crank knob back, with the yoke/stand mount portion from any standard "Shure" type mic clip.

Thanks guys.

Larry- you sorted it. I forgot I had the little adaptor yoke in my shure mic case.

Worked a treat.

Archived