Gibson Brands Forums

humbucker problem

Joyh364

I have installed dimarzio evolution in neck and bridge on my epiphone les paul customs 70s. The bridge works perfect! But when i switch to neck, there is sound.. but its very out of gain, like its not completely working... just to mention the neck worked before and the bridge didnt.. so it sort of changed! Another strange thing is when im only using neck pickup, when i turn down the neck volume, there is no sound and thats good ofc, but when neck volume is on and i turn down the bridge pickup the sound lowers and fades, this isnt normal is it? I thought the bridge volume had nothing to do with the neck pickup.. i have tripple checked the wiring and it all looks ok? Anyone experiencing the same problem or have any solutions... i cant post pics and wiring diagram if needed :)

ok so i i measured the neck pickup and i got 486 Kohm, when im supposed to get 13!... think i gotta redoo the sodering :(

If that is with the pickup connected then you are measuring the pot [smile]. Test the pup with at least one lead disconnected.

As Deeman says, with that wiring diagram, with the pup selector switch in the middle position, when you turn down one volume it will affect both pickups. There is another way to wire it if you want independent volume controls. There's a lot of stuff written about this on the net, pros and cons for each method.

Archived