Gibson Brands Forums

Push/Pull Pots

PeteWilson

Help, please!

I am attempting to install push/pull coil tapping pots in my Les Paul. The bridge pickup seems to be working but the neck not so.

I am using this diagram: http://www.guitarelectronics.com/media/img/guitarelectronics/W650-H550-Bffffff/W/wd2hh3t22_02.jpg

I did notice that the neck pickup wiring is different from the bridge pickup. My first inclination is to copy the bridge pickup wiring to the bridge, but I do not know enough about wiring to know if that is the thing to do.

Any help is appreciated!

Pete

Update: It turns out that my problem was in the pickup selector switch. Of course, by the time I discovered this, I had already uninstalled one of the push/pull pots and reinstalled a 500k pot. Now, I do have coil tapping on the bridge, but not on the neck. I still have the push/pull pot, so I may decide to reinstall it at some later date.

I learned a lot from this!

Play well, and as my old friend says, Do not let that jukebox stop!

Pete

Help, please!

I am attempting to install push/pull coil tapping pots in my Les Paul. The bridge pickup seems to be working but the neck not so.

I am using this diagram: http://www.guitarelectronics.com/media/img/guitarelectronics/W650-H550-Bffffff/W/wd2hh3t22_02.jpg

I did notice that the neck pickup wiring is different from the bridge pickup. My first inclination is to copy the bridge pickup wiring to the bridge, but I do not know enough about wiring to know if that is the thing to do.

Any help is appreciated!

Pete

Good News! My Les Paul project is now complete! Pull/push pots installed and working properly. The neck pickup had an over abundance of bass, so, thanks to the DIY thread on this site, I was able to install a capacitor in series on that pickup. Did the trick! Now, I shall enjoy my new Les Paul PRO!

Pete

Archived