Gibson Brands Forums

2007 SG Special, 3 Humbucker, Worn White...

old mark

These were offered in Worn White and Worn Ebony. Mine has had covers installed on all 3 pickups, which are 490's. The neck is very thick and wide, but comfortable to play and I think it adds sustain to this guitar...

DSCN0725_zps2b53f582.jpg

They were made only in 2007 and 2008, and I have no idea how many were made, but probably not very many.

DSCN0726_zpsf82b2ca8.jpg

They have a very different tone from my other SG Specials, and I like it a lot.

They came with a Gibson gig bag, but they really deserve a case.

Nice SG you get, I like it, Pickups were open coils if I remember.

They were open coils from the factory. These were covered when I bought it...I like the look of it better this way. It may affect the sound a bit, but I'm not going to take the covers off to find out...

This is SG #3 for me...the other two are both 1999 SG Specials, one finished in Ebony Stain, a transparent black, a few hundred made-it has a one piece body- and the other a very well traveled ebony Special that has served years on the road with a band and then several more years in a recording studio. It has the neck pup covered, and the bridge pup exposed, has decades of dings and scrapes, plays and sounds just great.

DSCN0298_zpsd0fd5027.jpg

They were made about 1 month apart, but I bought them about 2 years apart, and they each have a distinct sound.

This white one sounds totally different from either of them...

mark

Archived