Gibson Brands Forums

Help need some info Gibson blues parlor guitar from the 1950s

Irving

post up guitiar

Hey all,

I need help getting some info on this guitar. I have had it in my possession for close to 15 years. I dont know much about it. I brought it to a few local stores about 10 years ago and was told (I dont know if its right or wrong) that it is a Gibson blues parlor guitar from the 1950s. And that there was some type of "bridge" work on the inside that compromised the serial number. I have considered sending it in to Gibson and having them look at it and get it in better shape but I'm not sure if its worth it or not. Can you guys give me any info? estimated value? anything would be greatly appreciated

vcvs6p.jpg

30ji8vo.jpg

2isy61k.jpg

20rsnye.jpg

29xveyr.jpg

2d18leg.jpg

Early 50s LG-2. Nice little guitar - from the pic this looks to be in good shape - maybe cruise on over to the Acoustic section and post this inquiry there - lots of LG-2 knowledge there.

C'mon Dan, I have been working diligently on getting the thread count UP over here..... and you are steadily sending them "over there" to the 'dark-side'....Bwah-ha-ha

Absolutely kidding....of course [smile]

Rod

Irving has a guitar here that's way to cool not to share in the Acoustic section - just had to point out the available resources. [biggrin] i don't know why I even look here in the vintage section - my oldest guitar is a 2002... Sure is innaresting though. I am just not a vintage guy, scares the bejeebers outta me.

Irving has a guitar here that's way to cool not to share in the Acoustic section - just had to point out the available resources. [biggrin] i don't know why I even look here in the vintage section - my oldest guitar is a 2002... Sure is innaresting though. I am just not a vintage guy, scares the bejeebers outta me.

You're due for an old geetar, Dan. Shop fierce.

There's no better feeling than when you open a case and see a dinged, scratched, faded, old LG-2 or J-45, lift it out of the musty case, drag a decent pick across the strings, and find it rings like a bell.

You're due for an old geetar, Dan. Shop fierce.

There's no better feeling than when you open a case and see a dinged, scratched, faded, old LG-2 or J-45, lift it out of the musty case, drag a decent pick across the strings, and find it rings like a bell.

Maybe you're right... hey Irving, are you thinking of selling? [confused]

Archived