Gibson Brands Forums

lp studio 2014 vs lp studio pro 2014

hoross

Ok for the people really hesitating between the lp studio 2014 VS lp studio pro 2014.

Its very easy when u play hard rock or metal u better choose the lp studio 2014 cause it has the 490R/490T rocking combination like on the Original

lp standards,while the lp studio pro got the 57 classic and burstbuckers which is more jazzy and bluesy.

The lp studio has a glossy satin finish rather then the lp studio pro glossy finish.If you complain that the lp studio 2014 aint got a guitarcase well get yoruself one for 40 or 50 bucks cause in any cases there is a 500 dollars difference between the 2 guitars.

I've just bought a 2014 Studio in Desert Burst (NGD to come). Checking the Sweetwater site I noticed that the Studio Pros are that bit heavier than the Studio and that's what finally swayed my decision. The Pros are by no means a heavy guitar, but the Studios are closer to 8 lbs, and the Pros 9. Weight is important to me. I believe the 490s are less hot than the Burstbucker in the Pro, while the 57 has a little less output. Some great looking Pros though. Got me an ABS case here in the UK for £55.

I agree i hate a heavy weight and yes Gibson les pauls are heavy weighted im not tall and fat or strong so its sometimes heavy to carry a les paul,however what i dont agree with you i tried the les paul studio pro and the sound was less heavy then on the studio dont ask me why but thats why i chose the lp studio over the studio pro [thumbup]

I broke my right elbow in January and could not even play guitar anymore. I sold off my telecaster and my Sig T and 2013 Les Paul Standard as they all seemed too heavy. I got 3 weeks ago a 2014 Les Paul Studio in Manhattan Midnight and I just love it. The coil taps work so well I don't even feel the need to have a Fender anymore.

The standard and Sig T Les pauls where just too heavy as I have a very weak injured arm and the studio is much more manageable.

Love the colour too. I have always liked the 490R/490T set and that was the final factor that made me get the 2014 studio over the studio pro as I have never been a fan of burstbuckers.

Archived