Gibson Brands Forums

1993 riviera MIK

mimmo

Hi guys, I m in the market for a semi and I found this guitar.

I tried to google it but it seems that in 1993 just few USA guitars have been made, so is it possible that this guitar is a MIK Riviera made in 93?

Here is the link:http://www.backlinemusic.fr/produit.php?ref=epiphoneriviera&id_rubrique=4&PHPSESSID=i2akvdn2vhpqhcn7rqln4nehh0

What do you think? Thanks for you expert opinion!

Mimmo.

If you're serious about buying that Riviera you want to jump on it as quickly as possible. It's not a '93 model it's an '83 Matsumoku Riviera. The serial number of 3053304 dates it to May 1983 (1st number 3 = Year 1983 / second two numbers 05 = 5th Month May - They were only made between 1980 and 1986)and it has the correct blotchy brown, oblong label. In UK money €550.00 is around £450.00. These sell on eBay for between £500.00 to £800.00. I have an identical Riviera which you can see a picture of on this thread >Pix if you scroll down the page a bit. The one for sale is missing the white scratchplate and two original control knobs but it's a good price even considering that. The control knobs are replacable and you could probably get a scratchplate made up if it's important to you. They are seriously good guitars. Go for it.

Edit: Models may have been available in the USA from '79 but were slightly different with coverless pickups and black TRC and scratchplate. The one being sold with white TRC (and white scratchplate if it had one) were available in Europe and the UK from '82 to '86 (people in Britain still don't accept that we're part of Europe [biggrin]).

If you're serious about buying that Riviera you want to jump on it as quickly as possible. It's not a '93 model it's an '83 Matsumoku Riviera. The serial number of 3053304 dates it to May 1983 (1st number 3 = Year 1983 / second two numbers 05 = 5th Month May - They were only made between 1980 and 1986)and it has the correct blotchy brown, oblong label. In UK money €550.00 is around £450.00. These sell on eBay for between £500.00 to £800.00. I have an identical Riviera which you can see a picture of on this thread >Pix if you scroll down the page a bit. The one for sale is missing the white scratchplate and two original control knobs but it's a good price even considering that. The control knobs are replacable and you could probably get a scratchplate made up if it's important to you. They are seriously good guitars. Go for it.

Edit: Models may have been available in the USA from '79 but were slightly different with coverless pickups and black TRC and scratchplate. The one being sold with white TRC (and white scratchplate if it had one) were available in Europe and the UK from '82 to '86 (people in Britain still don't accept that we're part of Europe [biggrin]).

[thumbup]

I was just about to edit my post to reflect the 1983 Matsumoku connection! Its a keeper!

WOW! That was my thought but I wanted to be sure!

Hope she is still available!

Thx all you guys - love this forum!!

Called the shop, she is gone.... I m soooo sad....

Called the shop, she is gone.... I m soooo sad....

I know that feeling all too well. It's happened every time I've found a same period Emperor. Either that or I've been outbid in the last minute.

Archived