Gibson Brands Forums

J45 Loosening Up

michaelnel

I have spent many many hours flatpicking on my new J45 Standard, and I swear the thing is loosening up nicely. I did run a ToneRite on it for 72 hours, but deemed that ineffective. But all the hours of playing it now has the notes on the lower strongs thumping me in the chest, and even the higher strings have much more "body". Some of it might be my picking technique changing, but overall I am delighted at the way the J45 seems to be breaking in!

I have spent many many hours flatpicking on my new J45 Standard, and I swear the thing is loosening up nicely. I did run a ToneRite on it for 72 hours, but deemed that ineffective. But all the hours of playing it now has the notes on the lower strongs thumping me in the chest, and even the higher strings have much more "body". Some of it might be my picking technique changing, but overall I am delighted at the way the J45 seems to be breaking in!

How long have you had that guitar?

My 2010 has loosened up as well - still has a roof of compression left though. It has withdrawn, but I wonder if it simply is a part of the guitars nature.

My friend has a Historic Collection and immidiately feels it when trying mine - and it was mine that inspired him to get his, , , quite different, more delicate (and un-compressed) J-45.

Archived