Gibson Brands Forums

Song Copyright

glp2012

FYI...Just wanted to let everyone know that I just received my music copyright in the mail. I registered the songs online 2/18/2014 and it was post marked 4/18/2014. So it took about two months for the Copyright Office to process my request. I believe the website says it takes around eight months - so this was quite unexpected.

Anyway, I am excited to own copyrights for two songs! Now, I need to submit a few more and see about getting them published.

Yes, is the US Copyright office. Also, the form I got can be viewed online. I didn't expect it for eight months, but I got a letter in my home mail from a "record" company stating that the wanted to record one of my songs. I assumed they must have seen it online so, I went to my P.O. Box where I thought I was having correspondence sent. Lo and behold, the copyrights were there. I check the P.O. Box every few months...

Oh, and the record company thing is most likely a scam...from what I have read online at least.

Let me know when you get your copyrights.

Yes, is the US Copyright office. Also, the form I got can be viewed online. I didn't expect it for eight months, but I got a letter in my home mail from a "record" company stating that the wanted to record one of my songs. I assumed they must have seen it online so, I went to my P.O. Box where I thought I was having correspondence sent. Lo and behold, the copyrights were there. I check the P.O. Box every few months...

Oh, and the record company thing is most likely a scam...from what I have read online at least.

Let me know when you get your copyrights.

It was issued immediately online. That's the beauty of it. Next time, all you need to do is fill out the online form, pay the fee and upload your song file.

Congrats on your copyright. Please post the song! Love hearing original stuff on this board.

Archived