Gibson Brands Forums

Emperor Swingster pickguard

Lamaar

Hi all,

Its impossible to find one of these, its the same one as the Joe Pass emperor ones, but you cant find them anywhere either, I had to order a custom made one in the USA (I'm from the Netherlands myself), so its going to be an expensive one incl. shipping, (and hoping it fits good!)

I find it strange that Epiphone isnt selling those.

My emperor swingster didnt came with a clear plexiglass pickguard like the rest of the people who bought one got, so I cant make one myself.

I would be great If Epiphone would sell those pickguards, see lots of people on forums that are searching for different pickguards.

cheers! [thumbup]

interesting yours didn't come with one. did you buy it new from a dealer or online store?

I have a white royale, and it was in the case, (still is, don't really see the point in drilling holes to install it.)

I ordered the guitar online (new).

I'v seen one guy on a forum that didnt had one either with his swingster, maybe the only come with the royal?

Well, its shipped today, so I hope it will fit when I get it [unsure]

BTW, I had to send my swingster back and got a new one, because the pickup switch was loose and you could move it to all sides.

The neck pickup didnt work, only the bridge one worked, and the bridge pickup was all the way up so it touched the high E string and at the low E string it was 5 mm below it.

Cleary this wasnt checked in the factory or the store that sold it. I was pretty pissed when I phoned them.

They had the guitar pickup up the next day and send me a new one the next day, so thats oke I guess. [thumbup]

that's a bummer (regarding the return)...

I didn't have any problems with the one I wound up with, it's actually excellent, and I got a pretty sweet deal on it ($575 new from an online store {Sweetwater})

Update.

I got my new guitar today, and guess what, this one doesnt work proper either...

the bridge pickup works good in both parallel and serie, but the neck one only works in serie, dont work if you put it in parallel (when you push against the wires inside you get a sound for few seconds but its gone if you move the guitar).

Doesnt the factory check these thing before they get shipped? I find they a poorly put together.

And btw now it came with a pickguard, so my order of the 76 dollar pickguard from the usa I can throw in the trash.

To bad I didnt bought the Gretsh G5420T.

Archived