Gibson Brands Forums

1966 J45

Guitar12345

hey guys, I was able to get my hands on this 66 J45 and i done some research and i found out that 1966 is when they first applied the gibson logo onto the pickgaurd, but other than that i cant find any for sell or that have sold to ind get a price idea, its is in killer condition the only flaw is the lacquer :crack but i understand that's normal with its age? i was just wondering if anyone could give me more info, price ideas? I would greatly appreciate it!! imma attempt to post some pictures fingers crossed it works lol

http://s1276.photobucket.com/user/nakitasue/library/?view=recent&page=1

With these guitars it generally comes down to whether you can live with the skimpy neck profile and narrow nut width. I have seen them in good condition sell in the $2K range but that was a killer deal and a more normal price would be the mid to upper $2000s.

With these guitars it generally comes down to whether you can live with the skimpy neck profile and narrow nut width. I have seen them in good condition sell in the $2K range but that was a killer deal and a more normal price would be the mid to upper $2000s.

thanks so much!!

Very nice - a guitarist I know has more mojo'ed one of these and it sounds good.

Take a glance at the head-stock-angle - my guess is it's straighter.

Now I look forward to hear what you do with the adjustable rosewood saddle insert. . .

Perhaps nothing is needed.

Very nice - a guitarist I know has more mojo'ed one of these and it sounds good.

Take a glance at the head-stock-angle - my guess is it's straighter.

Now I look forward to hear what you do with the adjustable rosewood saddle insert. . .

Perhaps nothing is needed.

its in excellent condition neck is straight fret play is amazing, just hard to get good pictures on a phone LOL i plan on keeeping everythign original, the only thing that isnt original is the black & white pegs, i have 2 of the original but they arent able to be used

its in excellent condition neck is straight fret play is amazing, just hard to get good pictures on a phone LOL i plan on keeeping everythign original, the only thing that isnt original is the black & white pegs, i have 2 of the original but they arent able to be used

Archived