Gibson Brands Forums

Stephen stills fans ...

blindboygrunt

Stephen stills live at the bread and roses festival is amongst today's new release albums I see.

not much info given but am I right in saying this was a solo acoustic performance?

I think it's a famous bootleg of his and wondered if any you fellas might have it ...

and are maybe interested to see its out on general release

Just heard a few tracks on the Tube. Think it has been there in some pirate-version (?) for years.

Okay acoustic Stills as we know and dig him. High spirit and on fire - not unlike the electric/acoustic Stills Live record on Atlantic from the mid-70's.

Sure hope they have cleaned up the hifi for an authorized release (his Martin sounds weakened, but playing is fine), , , , , of course they have.

Stephen stills live at the bread and roses festival .... not much info given but am I right in saying this was a solo acoustic performance?
Sure, Em? --the songs on the set list (like
, point to a band gig. This is the only lone Stills I know of. The label also loose points in my book for using a '69 CSN shot for the cover art --we know who he is already, ri'?

Sure, Em? --the songs on the set list (like

, point to a band gig. This is the only lone Stills I know of. The label also loose points in my book for using a '69 CSN shot for the cover art --we know who he is already, ri'?

Stills could play Wooden Ships or Carry On on the Martin if he felt like it - CSN&Y are known for doin that with their material.

I didn't hear the whole album, but Not Fade Away was one of the tunes I checked. It is easily done on an acoustic and that's what was heard. . .

here's the don't fade away.

solo performance.

search on YouTube will throw up a 'love the one you're with' .... think he mightve had a line or two before the show , judging by the version on you tube.

Not that I'm judging nor condemning!

does seem to be a solo acoustic show though.

I'd like to hear reviews of this cd from any member that gets their ears on it

Archived