Gibson Brands Forums

traded my J45 for Hummingbird...

kebob

I missed my J-45 so much, I decided to sell my Martin (000-18GE) to fund a new J-45.

I played a few very nice J45s at my local dealer (Wildwood) and decided on a new J45 (adi/walnut).

The day I went to pick her up, I elected play a few other Gibsons, just to make sure.

New Vintage versions: J-45, Adv. Jumbo, J-185 and Hummingbird.

In the end, one particular New Vintage Hummingbird spoke to me and come home. It may be the "sweetest" sounding acoustic I have ever played.

However, I could not get the J-185 out of my mind as well.

So....this past week I traded my Fender Tele for the New Vintage J-185.

Both my new Gibsons compliment each other nicely and I gotta give Montana credit for continuing to build exceptional acoustic instruments.

I missed my J-45 so much, I decided to sell my Martin (000-18GE) to fund a new J-45.

I played a few very nice J45s at my local dealer (Wildwood) and decided on a new J45 (adi/walnut).

The day I went to pick her up, I elected play a few other Gibsons, just to make sure.

New Vintage versions: J-45, Adv. Jumbo, J-185 and Hummingbird.

In the end, one particular New Vintage Hummingbird spoke to me and come home. It may be the "sweetest" sounding acoustic I have ever played.

However, I could not get the J-185 out of my mind as well.

So....this past week I traded my Fender Tele for the New Vintage J-185.

Both my new Gibsons compliment each other nicely and I gotta give Montana credit for continuing to build exceptional acoustic instruments.

Terrific - you got talent for action. . .

• 1 month later...

Archived