Gibson Brands Forums

Donovan J 45 demo

JuanCarlosVejar

Anyone try the replacement wood adjustable bridge and saddle available from Philadelphia Luthier's. I'm still really liking my replacement bone adjustable bridge and saddle, but the thought of wonderin' how the wood one would sound has recently gotten a bit under my curiousity skin...

Jazzman Jeff aka QM

Anyone try the replacement wood adjustable bridge and saddle available from Philadelphia Luthier's. I'm still really liking my replacement bone adjustable bridge and saddle, but the thought of wonderin' how the wood one would sound has recently gotten a bit under my curiousity skin...

The wood can sound quite good, , , in fact very good.

As one imagine it's not as loud as bone and ceramic, but there's a mellow voice coming from the palisander, which is well suited for quiet vocals, late night rehearsing and certain recordings.

Absolutely worth a try - if not anything else, then to really experience the difference.

Know your bone/ceramic by playing the wood. .

The wood can sound quite good, , , in fact very good.

As one imagine it's not as loud as bone and ceramic, but there's a mellow voice coming from the palisander, which is well suited for quiet vocals, late night rehearsing and certain recordings.

Absolutely worth a try - if not anything else, then to really experience the difference.

Know your bone/ceramic by playing the wood. .

Thanks. I will probably buy the wood version at some point and try it out.

Jazzman Jeff aka QM

Archived