Gibson Brands Forums

Musiciansfriend Purchase

RXXX20

RXXX20-I think you got yourself a beautiful guitar there my friend. The more I see of these Songwriters, the more they grow on me. I think you might just be lucky with the scratch on the bottom. You got a great price and now you don't have to get all weepy, like myself and others, when you get the first owie on a pristine instrument. When I got my J-45 it had very light little swirls on the back from the original owners sweater. He pointed this out before I bought it, and I have to hold it up at a slight angle to see them clearly. I now just pretend I put them there and you surely can't see them when you're playing the thing anyway. I hope you keep it and enjoy the heck out of it!

Nid2007-I agree. That is one handsome Songwriter 'burst you have there too!! I'm gassing for a J-200 'burst but yours has given me a case of cognitive disonance. Better than the trots. I guess! Keep pickin' those Gibbys!!

I just tried posting this a couple minutes ago and it gave me the old Error:500 message. I'll make it shorter this time as I just wasted my time with the other one. First of all, what a beautiful guitar. Keep it! You won't have to go through the pain of having a brand new, pristine guitar getting dinged as it already has the first one on it! I love my J-45 and it had little swirls on the back from the original owners sweater that you can't see unless you hold it up at an angle and look for it. Just mojo IMHO!!

Nid2007-You also have a really handsome Songwriter 'burst. I'm gassing for a J-200 'burst but yours causes me to experience a little cognitive disonance to be sure. Keep pickin' those Gibbys!!

As far as the battery holder..... I fixed three of them by simply applying some Contact Cement to the 2 pieces that come apart... the velcro patch and the glue pad that was supposedly holding it in place. That's where mine kept separating. Never had another problem out of 'em.

RX,

If the guitar plays like butter and sounds great, I would keep it--even if there was a little crack (but which hopefully is just finish). I like when my guitars come to me with imperfections--keep em on the wall rather than in the case.

Enjoy! When my martin friends say to me :"I've just never warmed to that Gibson feel." I hand them my SWD watch them pretend that they are not blown away by the extremely deep bass and powerful treble that this little comfortable guitar puts out.

• 1 month later...

I did the exact same thing. I bought a blem from MF and was afraid of what I was going to get. When I opened the case and saw the guitar, my mouth dropped. It is awesome. I also got the 20% coupon and paid nickels for the guitar. I tuned it up and started playing. It is awesome. The blems are little dings on the top of the guitar. That is ok. At least I know it is broken in!

Congrats on what will be an great purchase. IMHO not enough people sing the praises of the SW' date=' so I did a little tribute to the SWD on the UMGF the other day--spreading the Gospel so to speak, ... no that's not right, that's a whole other model...oh well.#-o

[img']http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m139/nid99/swdvs-1.jpg[/img]

wow i've never seen a songwriter in burst. it's nice!

Archived