Gibson Brands Forums

The waiting is the hardest part...

maninblack

I ordered a new box from Mother Gibson through a local mom and pop dealer back in early September. It was estimated to arrive just prior to Christmas. Its the Elvis Costello Century of Progress.

It is now a few weeks late with no word from Gib. The dealer has placed a couple calls but has been given no specific drop date. I know 3 weeks isn't much, but when you've been waiting since September it feels like an eternity. I do recall Martin was about two weeks late on my Cash D-35.

Anybody have a similar experience? Wanna tell me it will be here any day now and to hang in there?

The waiting must be rough. I do know that Gibson closes the factory at the end of the year for at least a week....maybe two. This might explain part of the delay. I also know that this weekend is the NAMM show

so a lot of Gibson people may be in California right now.

A common ailment for the custom guit tar purchaser. Don't know the answer. Gibson should respond though. Probably not a good time to put a guit tar on a BBT (Big Brown Truck) anyways. Temps in Bozeman are currently frightfully close to -40°F.

Archived