Gibson Brands Forums

The 2014 G-400 Pro

Nine Black

Last Week a 2014 G-400 Pro Standard 1961 LP SG model Brand new and unused on EBay ,It caught my Eye as it's Bevels were all correct . I'm happy to say it did not have the front and back Veneer that hides the 3 piece miss matched body laminations , maybe because it was matched so Good , Well worth the 289.00 I Spent on it. When I got it home It's dimensions matched My VOS Gibson 1961 LP SG Standard !! as for Sound when jacked in to my 100 watt Marshall DSL 2000 it Kicked ***,the pickups are Keepers as the Bite is that of a True 1961 SG, The only difference to the Gibson is no neck binding or a Gibson head stock ,I have put a Bigsby B5 on it and a roller Bridge it never goes out of tune .if Epiphone ,makes them all like this I want a White one and I am looking I hope to find one.

post-68607-050845900 1416208748_thumb.jpg

post-68607-008878200 1416208783_thumb.jpg

post-68607-063789500 1416208908_thumb.jpg

Is this about the one you posted here:

http://forum.gibson.com/index.php?/topic/116921-did-you-ever-just-buy-a-guitar-for-its-color/page__view__findpost__p__1591603

? This is a really nice one, would prefer her without veneer, too. [thumbup]

EDIT: Now that you linked the pics, I see it is the one I mentioned. [biggrin]

That particular guitar will be made in Indonesia. They are different from the ones made elsewhere in that they are veneer free and have the correct bevelling. I noticed this a while ago when looking at what was in stock at Sweetwater where they show pictures of the actual guitars they have available.

It said Made in Korea on a Black rectangle sticker with Gold print and boarder .Right now at this time I have been looking for a White one like the one I have posted and there are no 2014 White G-400 Pros Black , Brown , Pelham Blue and Cherry seem to be the only offerings and TV Silver on the 65 version .So after looking at hundreds of them I have Yet to find one in any color with the Bevels of a 1961 Gibson LP SG .Even though I'm not in to the large full Body pick Guard I have looked through them as well , just to see and as we all know Epi use's the same neck joint on both .I hope some one else finds one and then maybe we can figure were to find the source it would be nice if Epiphone would enforce that they all start being made like this one I'm sure there are others they just have not surfaced Yet.

It said Made in Korea on a Black rectangle sticker with Gold print and boarder .Right now at this time I have been looking for a White one like the one I have posted and there are no 2014 White G-400 Pros Black , Brown , Pelham Blue and Cherry seem to be the only offerings and TV Silver on the 65 version .So after looking at hundreds of them I have Yet to find one in any color with the Bevels of a 1961 Gibson LP SG .Even though I'm not in to the large full Body pick Guard I have looked through them as well , just to see and as we all know Epi use's the same neck joint on both .I hope some one else finds one and then maybe we can figure were to find the source it would be nice if Epiphone would enforce that they all start being made like this one I'm sure there are others they just have not surfaced Yet.

That's interesting. I have not seen a Korean made G-400 in quite a while. I do know that all the MiC guitars have the usual G-400 design with the smaller bevelling and veneer and I would not expect that to change anytime soon.

• 2 weeks later...

Well it has become quite clear that this 2014 G-400 SG Pro is a Freak of Epiphone as it has not left my side since getting it ,The only modification was the

installment of a Bigsby B5 and, BM-06 Locking Roller Bridge nothing else I chose the B5 to keep the 1961 Historic Vibe , it is Identical in Body Shape to my all My 1961 Les Paull SG's... Played through a 100 watt ,Jmc Marshall 2000 dsl Head .1960 A , 4 / 12 Cab loaded with , Celestion 75watt Speakers it proves it is a 61 and not a Wanna Be or a cheap Fix for those who can't afford a Real 1961 LP SG here is the proof it is up on You tube as.. Epiphone ,2014 G 400 SG PRO ,Cranked

Archived