Gibson Brands Forums

There's frost on my Gibson!

peiplayer

No way. Not in northern IL. Maybe with wind chill.

You're probably right. The temp sensor in Rochelle, they say, is off. Probably closer to -31°F.

Rochelle is showing -32. Nearby Dixon, -33 this a.m.

Me and the guit tars are going to a warmer sea side place... Alaska.

This a.m. the weatherman said one of the poles was -8, the other just a touch warmer than Rockford. The world is topsy turvey this a.m.

I brought two guitars to work today, both repairs. One is a POS classical I gave to a co-worker a few years back. He has 4 sons, one has Asberger's and two others are Autistic. The 9 year old (lower functioning of the two Autistic) drags the guitar around and plucks the strings. One time it got thrown or dropped and snapped the headstock, which I fixed. A while back it got thrown or dropped and the back popped completely off it. I fixed it and brought it in today. I told him, "We'll keep fixing it until we lose some of the pieces".

The other was a Martin DX1 with HPL sides and back that I did a partial refret on. The owner picked it up here instead of driving the 10 miles to my house.

I don't think the chilly ride to work hurt either one of them! If I had brought an Ovation I'd have the trifecta!

I'll bet you could build a more bullet proof (kid proof) guit tar like object from scrap pallets, and 1/4" plywood. Suitable for dragging across the floor, the occaisional pluck, and for swinging at under-the-bed monsters to keep them at bay.

If you had some left over fiberglass from the boat job you could really reinforce it!

Archived