Gibson Brands Forums

There's frost on my Gibson!

peiplayer

I think it was about 19 below when I went out and started the vehicles this morning. I had the Blazer plugged in (1988 with a real carburetor!) but the Explorer is a no-brainer... if the key will move, it will start.

I just bought a new ipod and loaded it with an eclectic mix and I just put new harnesses on my vintage LL Bean 10x58 snowshoes and gave them a good slathering of spar varnish so I might just go for a jaunt on Saturday if it gets above zero.

My forehead was in pain 5 minutes into my morning walk, even covered in 2 layers. It was almost 30F below when I woke up. Wind chill 50 below, just got my HOT water pipes thawed out.

My Gibson is warm, I hope, at the luthier.

if you're out shoveling snow' date=' you must be fairly well mended by now. hope that's the case![/quote']

I'm doing pretty good, thanks. I'm able to do everything, except lift any substantial weight over my head. I actually got back on the bike, last week. Man, I'm outta shape and the weather isn't cooperating. But, it feels great to ride. Hopefully, soon I'll be able to do three hour workouts, again. And my gain is your gain...the more time I spend riding, the less time I have to make insipid remarks on the forum.

Sorry for the hijack.

Back to the main topic. Since it's so cold and the snow was so fluffy, I was able to clear it all with a broom....60 feet of sidewalk and 80 feet of driveway.

Always a favorite photo repost. (seems appropriate)

SnowGuitar.jpg

Temps were -21 degrees with wind chills close to 50 below this morning here in Minneapolis!

Glad to see you like the photo. I wish I knew where I originally found it' date=' but here is a updated and photoshopped version for you....

[img']http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd219/lofapco/aaSnowGuitar.jpg[/img]

Tonight is supposed to be our worst... haven't heard the details. I don't much pay attention other than wondering what will start in the driveway. Thankfully the wind isn't blowing. I hate the wind. It can be 30 below and as long as the windows aren't rattling I don't care.

Temps were -21 degrees with wind chills close to 50 below this morning here in Minneapolis!

Glad to see you like the photo. I wish I knew where I originally found it' date=' but here is a updated and photoshopped version for you.... {snip}[/quote']

It reminds me of home. I grew up on the Lake Michigan shoreline. Up by the Big Mac bridge. Close to Canada.

So to me, -50 below, means dad would have me out banking up the sides of the house with snow, or shoveling it off the roof. And let me tell tell you that roof was steep!

Archived