Gibson Brands Forums

New Gibson Website -- huh?

Jayla

Does anyone know if the current Gibson site just a temporary, placeholder-type site, used until the next "real" site is completed, or is this it? As it is now, it's pretty awful: poor layout, missing a lot of info, and slow as octogenerian tortoise with an ingrown toe nail. The last version was fine. I don't understand what's up with this one.

Also interesting: some guitars are no longer in the lineup as presented on the site. (Among them, the SJ-100.) An oversight? Phaseouts? ???

Anyone got any info?

they've got to be aware of the performance problems. it's kind of a bummer but i bet they get it fixed pretty quick.

Someone else mentioned a couple of weeks ago in a previous post the the SJ-100 was now being called the SJ-200 (Studio). If you look for it it's there. I'm no expert on all of the differences but it appears correct to me

Seems like they flew the Les Paul marketing guys out to Bozeman for a couple of days to demonstrate their multi-tiered approach to model naming confusion =P~

Someone else mentioned a couple of weeks ago in a previous post the the SJ-100 was now being called the SJ-200 (Studio). If you look for it it's there. I'm no expert on all of the differences but it appears correct to me

Hmmm. Between the thumbnails (no big pix yet -- the links are still dead on the J-200 studio page) and the specs -- what with the large abalone fret markers, maple b&s, and price (more than 3k), the J-200 studio would seem to be more of a 200 than a 100, but we'll see.

agreed - i don't know if anyone's said anything about it yet, but it seems like there was a pretty significant price jump as part of all of this, maybe i'm just not used to looking at the MSRP.

Were J45TV's always close to $4k? If so i certainly got a hell of a deal a few months ago..

How about that 1942 Legend? :^o

Slow? Poorly laid out? I dunno. I found most everything I wanted, product wise. My computer seemed to digest the pages pretty well. Could be a browser specific issue. Or... stop drinkin' Red Bull and relax.

Missing Links? Growing pains of a new site.

Lack ofJ100? Could be a sign of the times. Tough sellin' might dictate collapsing the product offerings. This minimizes component and finished goods inventory. ALso makes for more efficient manufacturing if you don't need to keep changing models as much. Could also mean that if you were looking at a cheap Gibson, you might be as well or better off with a top of the line Epiphone (perish the thought).

Price Jump? So's everything else. Remember, MSRP usually is higher than most dealers actually sell at so the buyer thinks he's getting a 'deal'.

Archived