Gibson Brands Forums

2007 les paul standard

iwalktheline

hey guys, it's been some time now since I have been on here. I wanted to get some possible opinions on my epi les paul . I got it earlier in the year used from a guitar center, since I have had it, I've had to take it to my tech 4 times. First time was just to get a setup but, I have had constant issues with the g string staying in tune and buzzing off an on. I know almost everyone is going to say about the humidity levels but I try my best to keep it around 45-55% at all times. Could be that (maybe) but has anyone else had this problem. It is becoming extremely annoying and almost has me thinking of wanting to sell it. I certainly don't want to, I just want it to work properly. Anyone have any ideas? Also, I'm thinking of taking it to another tech. The guy I have been going to, I have been using him for years. I have asked him if it could be the nut, tuners, etc. He keeps saying everything seems fine but I'm starting to wonder......

Any opinions would be great, again getting really annoyed with it all.

Also, I'm thinking of taking it to another tech.

I think that is the way to go. If he hasn't been able to fix it after all those times, I would say it's time to get a new tech; regardless of how may years you've been taking guitars to him.

I replace the nuts on all my guitars with a self-lubricating TUSQ nut. They work great.

And if you don't already have it, I would recommend getting your hands on a copy of this ----> http://www.amazon.com/dp/0879309210/?tag=mh0b-20&hvadid=3480177780&ref=pd_sl_51a500qs1o_b

Dan Erlewine's Guitar Repair Book can help you with a lot of guitar problems. Highly recommended. [thumbup]

Good luck!

I have an 2009 Standard I bought new and had problems with the G string as well. My tech replaced the nut and the tuners to a locking tuner and it's been great ever since..

I was thinking this was going to be my next idea. I had wanted to do that for awhile , not sure why I didn't. I think I had mentioned this to my tech and somehow got talked out of it. Thanks for the input.

Archived