Gibson Brands Forums

home recording

Dodger11

Looking to do some home recording on a budget - have been looking at the lower end tascam and boss models - anyone use em and have opinions to share? At the minute I'm using a laptop cheap mic and adobe audition. Just want something that will do multitracks

Looking to do some home recording on a budget - have been looking at the lower end tascam and boss models - anyone use em and have opinions to share?

I've got an old Tascam US-122. Works fine. Newer ones are probably a little better. Nowadays, these things usually come with a free but decent version of cubase, which is all I use for stuff like this.

I've got an old Tascam US-122. Works fine. Newer ones are probably a little better. Nowadays, these things usually come with a free but decent version of cubase, which is all I use for stuff like this.

NICE Cougar - especially liked "April" - what keyboard are you using?

Are you using any of your Epis on the recordings?

I bought a tascam last year right about this time. They had them on sale, along with a rebate so it ended up costing about $30. There is usually a $20 -$25 rebate offer in effect, so check that out.

Tascam_DR_05_DR_05_Portable_Handheld_Digital_757065.jpg

Can't beat them for ease of use, coupled with the ability to make a very decent recording.

Regarding multiple tracks, have you tried using Audacity? It's free and works pretty well for recording multiple tracks.

have fun,

NICE Cougar - especially liked "April" - what keyboard are you using?

Thanks, Dodger. Everything's coming out of a Motif XS7.

Are you using any of your Epis on the recordings?

Not yet! I actually have one of those Tascam DR-05's that pszy pictured. I'm thinking of recording some acoustic Masterbilt with that, importing the wav to cubase, and then adding some tracks from there. That's about all the DR-05 would be good for, otherwise you can't multitrack with it.

Archived