Gibson Brands Forums

Sheraton 2

delboywww

Thank you both, most helpful. Think I might have an issue as with the toggle switch in the up position I get nothing.

Del

Remember if either of the volume controls is down all the way there will be no sound from either pickup regardless of the switch position.

jv

Thank you Joe, now that I know what each control does I will check it over again.

Del

Checked over again and all is fine. The neck vol control needed to be turned up more than the bridge volume. However if the neck pickup volume control is fully off the bridge pickup still works.

Maybe the wiring varied on some models?

Anyway I appreciate the helpful replies.

Many Thanks

Del

Checked over again and all is fine. The neck vol control needed to be turned up more than the bridge volume. However if the neck pickup volume control is fully off the bridge pickup still works.

Maybe the wiring varied on some models?

Anyway I appreciate the helpful replies.

Many Thanks

Del

If your toggle is in the middle (neck / bridge) then either volume control at 0 will mute both pickups. If your toggle is in the middle and each pickup has independent volume wiring, then the volume knob will only correspond to its respective pickup without muting the entire guitar.

If the neck pickup volume is at 0, your guitar will only work in the bridge toggle position and vice versa.

I think your guitar has standard wiring.

If your toggle is in the middle (neck / bridge) then either volume control at 0 will mute both pickups. If your toggle is in the middle and each pickup has independent volume wiring, then the volume knob will only correspond to its respective pickup without muting the entire guitar.

If the neck pickup volume is at 0, your guitar will only work in the bridge toggle position and vice versa.

I think your guitar has standard wiring.

Thankyou.

Del

Archived