Gibson Brands Forums

Caution - 2009 Les Paul Traditional Pro with cracked neck

Clump

On 12/21/14 I purchased an ebony 2009 LP Traditional Pro from Worlds Guitar, located in Harrisburg, PA. It arrived via Fedex on 12/23/14 with a cracked neck. My dealings with the seller in trying to get a refund and knowing that it was returned to them lead me to believe that they may repair it and not disclose the repair. Consider this posting as a PSA.

I did eventually get my refund, thanks to paypal buyer protection. It was described as excellent condition and the ebay listing (I bought direct from their website, but initially found it on ebay) stated "NO PAINT CHIPS NO CRACKS NO REPAIRS WAS WELL MAINTAINED". The seller was REALLY unpleasant to deal with and I don't want them to get away with not disclosing a repair.

The serial number is 020390322.

Here it is in the case:

GuitarinCase_zpse50bb6f3.jpg

Serial Number (Photoshopped to my meager ability to make as visible as possible):

Serial1_zpsf03e73d5.jpg

A couple of headstock shots to aid in identification:

IMG_2285_zps52925620.jpg

IMG_2296_zps52689ae4.jpg

Neck Cracks:

BassSide_zpsf68a8909.jpg

TrebleSide_zpsebbc01ca.jpg

Great post, good heads-up for everyone. Well done mate, you've done good. [thumbup]

And you scared the hell out of me too! (lol). Believe it, I'm sitting here reading your post and, I recieved by FedEx two days ago, a 2012 Limited Edition Alpine White Custom LP purchased from, none other, Worlds Guitar! You've just had me doing a thorough neck check of this baby. Thank God (and probably blind luck), this one has no issues.

I feel for ya mate, I really do, no kidding about. And I'm glad you got a full refund. And I think I just might wipe them from my buyers list.

You talk about dodging a bullet!

[scared]

Great post, good heads-up for everyone. Well done mate, you've done good. [thumbup]

And you scared the hell out of me too! (lol). Believe it, I'm sitting here reading your post and, I recieved by FedEx two days ago, a 2012 Limited Edition Alpine White Custom LP purchased from, none other, Worlds Guitar! You've just had me doing a thorough neck check of this baby. Thank God (and probably blind luck), this one has no issues.

I feel for ya mate, I really do, no kidding about. And I'm glad you got a full refund. And I think I just might wipe them from my buyers list.

You talk about dodging a bullet!

[scared]

Glad it worked out for you!

They do have some nice guitars. Just really difficult if there's a problem.

I should add that as much of a PITA as Worlds Guitar was to deal with trying to get my refund I do not believe that they shipped the guitar with the neck cracked. My timing in ordering it was poor (4 days before Christmas) and although Fedex didn't have it long they probably dropped the box flat, causing the crack. There was no support under the headstock, but it was in the Gibson case, surrounded by bubble wrap in a box. There was no damage to the box.

The damage to the headstock and the fact that it was touched up is a different story. Had the neck not been cracked I would have lived with it, although I think it makes the condition less than excellent. The guitar played and sounded great. They also changed the description on their web site after I bought it. I have before and after screen shots. Coupled with the way they acted when I was trying to get my refund makes me sure to avoid them in the future.

Archived