Gibson Brands Forums

ABR-1 bridge question

Tman

I have 2 ABR-1 bridges with wires. One is from a 1975 Flying V with the patent number stamped on it. The other (I thought) was from a 1995 LP classic when I upgraded my hardware. It has a foundry stamp "Gibson ABR-1" on it. Does anyone know if Gibson used NOS in the 90's for their bridges? From what I read, this should have originated from the 60's? I have tried to look this up but am nothing short of confused. I figure one of you experts here would know. Thanks.

I can post some photos later tonight when I get off from work.

Fantastic Bence, thanks! Looks just like the second from the bottom. Looks like a "modern" ABR-1. Does modern mean 1995? I'll assume so.

One observation though, the Chinese version actually has a Korean name. [biggrin]

Fantastic Bence, thanks! Looks just like the second from the bottom. Looks like a "modern" ABR-1. Does modern mean 1995? I'll assume so.

One observation though, the Chinese version actually has a Korean name. [biggrin]

Indeed! You have good eyes, unlike me! :)

Yes, I assume it can be easily a 90s item.

The 70s unit is like that, for example:

p2_ucx5qplyt_so.jpg

Cheers... Bence

Guest Farnsbarns

Did you notice the dots next to the g in gibson in both the modern ones. One has 1 dot and the has 2. I notice the dot also present on the 70s example. Anyone know what that's about?

Did you notice the dots next to the g in gibson in both the modern ones. One has 1 dot and the has 2. I notice the dot also present on the 70s example. Anyone know what that's about?

Interesting find, Farnsbarns!

The internet has extensive amount of information on the subject.

I will look after it, tomorrow.

Best wishes... Bence

Good eye Farns! (I don't mean hello in Australia). I'll look tonight on mine to see. I imagine it has something to do with the years it was put out?

As far as I could find out, the vintage originals had this little mark after the script:

ABR1Wire.jpg

Cheers... Bence

Apart from that it's non-wired, the bottom of the stock ABR-1 on my 2012 CS LP looks 100% like the one in your post quoted above.

Archived