Gibson Brands Forums

Anyone know the model of this Epi LP?

StRanger7032

I found an interesting Epi Les Paul on Craigslist, but I'm having trouble figuring out exactly what year and model it is. The serial number is F6100847 (confirmed), which does not match any format listed in the ID thread. The headstock and truss rod cover look like a 1990s Korean made Epi. The black speed knobs and pickup rings may or may not be original. Looks to be honeyburst with a really nice flame top. The case looks exactly like my 1993 G-400 case, with the gray fuzz and the "Made in Canada" tag. Any ideas?

00F0F_8nGCAe4o2mk_600x450_zpsy7p2opb3.jpg

00i0i_2du76DPIW67_600x450_zpswsbcjxeu.jpg

Your guitar was made at the Fine Guitars Plant, Korea, October 1996

Production Number: 0847

The Fine Corporation was established in 1994, Inchon, Korea. They have production capability of 50,000 Electric Guitars and basses per year. Not only do they produce guitars for several well known brands by OEM but also have their own line 'Fine'.

Your guitar was made at the Fine Guitars Plant, Korea, October 1996

Production Number: 0847

The Fine Corporation was established in 1994, Inchon, Korea. They have production capability of 50,000 Electric Guitars and basses per year. Not only do they produce guitars for several well known brands by OEM but also have their own line 'Fine'.

Thanks! It looks like there have been some updates to the serial number formats on Guitar Dater. It looks like some of the cream colored trim parts have been replaced with black. Hopefully it will be in my hands in the next 2 days! Its supposedly in excellent condition and the trim pieces can be easily replaced to put it back to original spec.

Archived