Gibson Brands Forums

Dean Zelinsky's LaVoce Guitar

kidblast

Nice. Peghead reminds me of an old Hondo Les Paul I once kept company with. Wait a minute...Zelinsky...Dean...Leslie West...thought the body shape was familiar. So what separates this from a regular Dean Lester copy? The piezo? Won't one of them Ultras do pretty much the same thing? Those Ultra III's have coil-split now, no? What's the askin' price for one of these? I gotta invade Google...BRB!

Hmm...900.00 and change after Uncle Sam's cut...not too bad! Ultra's are around that...give/take...they are nice...them Strat-ee-caster ones are pretty smokin' as well! And you can get 'em personalized! Try stealin' THAT ya bastids!

yep you got it, it's reasonably affordable at just about 900 bones.

I do like the body contour and at 7lbs, it's "SG light"

and it definitely does do the single coil impersonation quite nicely. Best I've heard yet.

it's an impressive axe..

Truth is, it has been a very long time since I've seen a solid body that wasn't a Gibson or a Fender that I would actually considering buying.

Apart from Dean's pointy offerings, they got some pretty impressive stuff. Weren't they the one's who put out that half Explorer, half Les Paul guitar...can't for the life of me remember what they called it...wanna say cadillac? I always liked them as far as unusual shapes go...pretty sure it was a Dean though...

Archived