Gibson Brands Forums

New (vintage) pedal day!

Dub-T-123

That's an interesting looking pedal. I built a Distortion + clone and an EP Booster clone into one box for a dude that got his pedalboard stolen. That was pretty much the only time I played around with the circuit. It's a super easy and cheap build. The taper of the distortion pot feels pretty badly bunched up at the end of the rotation. Is it like that on yours? I'd definitely use a reverse log for that if I built another. Nice sounding pedal though

The taper of the distortion pot feels pretty badly bunched up at the end of the rotation. Is it like that on yours?

This is true. I used a Distortion+ for quite a while in the late 80s and the first 3/4 of the knob did very little. There was a killer sweet spot though just shy of maxed. I can tell you that it was heaven through a BF Fender Bassman head once you wound it up. [thumbup] I kept the pedal in the back on the head and never turned it off. And yes, like most great pedals, it's super simple. [biggrin]

Yeah that's why it bothered me. The best sound was somewhere in the middle of this tiny knotch at the end of the rotation.. Much easier to dial in with a reverse log

Maybe I'll build another one now that it's on my mind.

Archived