Gibson Brands Forums

Single fret buzz

retArmyLTC

Guys....

I've discovered a buzz in the high e and b string at the 13th fret only on my Dot Deluxe. No other buzz anywhere else.

I've read elsewhere advice to tap the 13th fret down a little....but to my eye it looks level with the rest. Possibly the 12th might look a little high using a straightedge on the frets.

Any advice?

Thanks.

Guys....

I've discovered a buzz in the high e and b string at the 13th fret only on my Dot Deluxe. No other buzz anywhere else.

I've read elsewhere advice to tap the 13th fret down a little....but to my eye it looks level with the rest. Possibly the 12th might look a little high using a straightedge on the frets.

Any advice?

Thanks.

Are you getting the buzz on the 13th while fretting the 12th? Or fretting the 13th? Sounds very much like a high fret (possibly more than one) above where it's buzzing. Have a quick chat with a tech who'll be able to asses the neck. You'll most likely need a fret level then setup, a very common issue with guitars at most price points these days. It's not something that you should do yourself without experience and the tools.

I have a pro setup on my guitars, my Dot as well as the Fenders. I'd highly recommend this as it's well worth it! You'll wind up with a really good playing guitar that you'll love picking up and playing more often.

you probably have a high fret there,

there's a tool that will flush these out for you.

http://www.amazon.com/Guitar-Leveling-Diamond-Crowning-piece/dp/B00K9XF6JS/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1438600072&sr=8-2&keywords=fret+leveling+tool

there's an inexpensive kit that you can get that will help you correct these kind of minor annoyances.

http://www.amazon.com/Buzz-Off%C2%AE-Fret-Leveling-Electric-Guitars/dp/B00O6FA89I/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1438600072&sr=8-1&keywords=fret+leveling+tool

Archived