Gibson Brands Forums

2015 Gibson Les Paul Traditional - Japan Limited Edition

T-Rev

Congrats on this nice catch, Ziaon. [thumbup] Very beautiful guitar indeed! [wub]

I never checked a Line 6 Spider or any other stuff they made or make, but there's nothing wrong with it when a guitar can make sound an amp great, or vice versa. :) For me it just wouldn't be a reference without knowing the amp.

All of my guitars sound great through my Behringer V-Amp Pro amp and FX emulator with Behringer A 500 solid-state stereo poweramp, blown through two Electro Voice EVM 12L Series II speakers from the early 1980's, each in its own 1 x 12" cabinet. I'm not kidding! Of course, my piezo bridges on solid-bodies are amped full-range. I use a Schertler JAM 150 for acoustic tones and indeed never miss an acoustic guitar. [thumbup]

Thanks!! I don't think any guitar can made a line 6 spider sound good, but there are worst things out there. Yes I agree that why I referenced my Fenders, Orange and Mesa's.

Z can load a set of those babies in the Twin, course I wouldn't want to lug it around after that. [biggrin]

HAHA no thanks lugging around 2 twins with an extra 60 LBS of speakers doesn't sound nice at all. not like those twins are light to begin with. Played in a band with a guy who has 4 of them in a mesa 4X12, even the casters had flat spots. [tongue]

I also own one of these, and I am completely in love with it. It's nice to have a guitar that feels great, great neck and enough weight behind it to not feel floaty for a guy 6'3" and 285lbs.

[woot] THAT TOP! that is damn sexy. Do you mind saying where you picked it up? I feel the same way I'm 6'2 225lbs. To light feels wrong.

So I did a little nosing around and did find a few of these available on the U.S. side of the border but for a considerably higher price. Roughly 33% higher to be exact. I called a few retailers that were carrying it in the U.S. to verify model number and for the same guitar it is almost $1000.00 more CDN (so $700.00 roughlu USD).

Not quite sure how that math works but I am glad I got mine here. The only reasoning I can see is the warranty because we don't get the lifetime warranty here, just whatever the retailer offers.

Archived