Gibson Brands Forums

Jimmy Page Signature QUIZ

Archer993

Not sure if you're serious' date=' but this is a herringbone pattern...or this: ///

100_0402.jpg

Exactly! One screw at about 45 deg to horizontal, next screw -45 deg to horizontal and so forth. All 3 pickups arranged the same way. A nice EXTRA aesthetic touch by the boys in the Custom Shop - tradition I believe since the 1950s when humbuckers were invented.

i AM serious.

Sorry, I some times forget that not everyone is an old coot like me.

A lot of guitar makers have used a herringbone pattern in their binding on guitars for years. I guess most notably is C.F. Martin & Co. more so than Gibson's. When someone refers to for example, an HD-28 it means a herringbone trimmed D-28 guitar. The pattern is usually as described above. It's a nice decorative touch.

There is a slight detail on the 2004 Jimmy Page models that I have not seen on any other Les Pauls. Compare the bridge setup on the 2004 JPP with any other (factory setup) LP to see what I mean. I was wondering if the Stoptail version (or Bigsby) on the 2008 Page Custom got the same setup. I cannot tell from the photos I have seen. I actually believe that this makes a difference somewhere along the line to contribute the awesome tone of the JPPs.

I won't divulge what the difference is right now. Anybody know what I'm talking about? If so, did the 2008 Page model get that setup?

hey, its a quiz!

Archived