Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone Masterbilt DR-500P Maple

titanNV

Anyone know where I can get one of these? I know they've been discontinued but I figured a few of them were sold and may be available :)

You see them on ebay or reverb once in a while. There was one on ebay in July and one in August....

If you're willing to gamble on eBay and Reverb, then check out Guitar Center used.

I have done mail order used a few times with them with only one really bad guitar. When it came time for the return I learned that you can return the bummer to any GC anywhere in the world and you get your money back with no return shipping fee.

Mind you, they almost always look bad out if the box, but with a bit of time, elbow grease and technical know-how you can sometimes score a pretty good deal.

No, I don't work or have any affiliation with them.

By the way, there's a pretty nice looking non cutaway DR500R on there right now for under $350.00. I know you're looking for maple, but rosewood is nothing to be sneezed at.

Thanks for the advice and leads.

That Rosewood one is a steal.

Most of the used Masterbilts seem to be very inexpensive.

I think I'm going to pull the trigger on a different guitar with solid spruce/solid maple b/s by Friday. Maybe at some other time in the future I'll buy a Rosewood Masterbilt. Probably after I acquire a Gibson acoustic...

I think I'm going to pull the trigger on a different guitar....

You sure? There's a 2010 DR500P up on ebay right now. Said to be in excellent condition, with a nice looking case, 2 days left on bidding, which is currently at $130 ($45 shipping). I predict it will go for more than that. :rolleyes:

Someone, not me, got a pretty good deal, IMO. Around $400 shipped.

Man, that is was a great deal for that guitar, with hard case. My harem's over-populated or I would have been all over that.

I decided on a vintage Guild that I ordered Friday. A little rough, but I think a jewel in the rough.

Good luck with your Guild!

Archived