Gibson Brands Forums

1933 A-00 Mandolin / Update

Murph

I didn't think another thread title with "Gruhns" was appropriate already BUT........

I went to Nashville yesterday to pick up my mandolin, I dropped it off last week before a trip to Virginia.

Fret level, setup, re-string.

I am in awe of their repair shop awesomeness. Spent a little time looking at Martin acoustics for a friend of mine (yea, I know, you just can't talk to some people).

They also had a few old Gibson mandolas. I might have to have one of those......

Anyhow, the frets look like new and it really plays great, I was sweating it a little, this thing is getting up in years and I am starting to put some serious hours on it as I learn the instrument and its ways. I have always been against buying a "cheap one" for daily use and just play my Gibsons. It's what they were made for......

Anyhow, another "Kudos" for Gruhns.

I didn't think another thread title with "Gruhns" was appropriate already BUT........

I went to Nashville yesterday to pick up my mandolin, I dropped it off last week before a trip to Virginia.

Fret level, setup, re-string.

I am in awe of their repair shop awesomeness. Spent a little time looking at Martin acoustics for a friend of mine (yea, I know, you just can't talk to some people).

They also had a few old Gibson mandolas. I might have to have one of those......

Anyhow, the frets look like new and it really plays great, I was sweating it a little, this thing is getting up in years and I am starting to put some serious hours on it as I learn the instrument and its ways. I have always been against buying a "cheap one" for daily use and just play my Gibsons. It's what they were made for......

Anyhow, another "Kudos" for Gruhns.

Great Murph... I am afraid to take up another instrument... It will just be new GAS and obsession that I dont have the time for!

I have always been against buying a "cheap one" for daily use and just play my Gibsons. It's what they were made for......

Although I don't spend a lot of time on the mandolin, it's really nice to have a good one when looking for a little change of pace.

The old Gibson A models are my favorites. Currently I've got a 1922, one of the earliest with a truss rod, and from the era when Lloyd Loar was roaming the building. Amazing how well so many of those A models have held up over the years.

Archived