Gibson Brands Forums

Question for Raptor

DuaLeaD

Raptor, I really like how BFGs are unfinished, that's why I bought one...to each his own, right? O:)

Btw, the pickups are P-90/Burstbucker 3.

I don't know anything about the Elegant; other than that sweet top, what are some of the specs?

Does it get much play time, or is it more of a centrepiece?

Yeah you are right about the pickups. I played one of the Studios with that combo and liked it a lot, but didn't buy it.

The specs on the Elegant are figured top, mahogany back, chambered fairly heavily for tone, long neck tenon, grover tuners, 57 Classics, nickel hardware, creme binding, ebony fretboard with a compound radius, which means it flattens out as you move up the fretboard, abalone inlays, stock Gibson pots and caps. I think that is about it.

For play time, it is my number 1 player among my LPs. Right now though, my gold top and R4 Custom are getting more play time. The gt because I am switching out the pickups soon so I want some recordings to A/B against, and the R4 because it is new and I have been a long time without a single coil LP. I clean all my guitars after I play, and yet the top half of the bridge, tailpiece and top edge of the bridge pickup are looking well aged from the playing. When I am able to play regularly I play it daily.

Archived