Gibson Brands Forums

Look at this little kettle

E-minor7

Went to a kitchen jam yesterday and look what cooked.

Rather incredible - and a real fine sounding instrument for it's size'n'age.

What ! . . . http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXBHmdVNJJ4

The sound-port* in the upper left bout serves as garage for the neck, which is further stabilized by a squarish ring inside the box.

A highly well crafted and accurate guitar - this one just needed a tiny fret zero adjustment.

Perfect for flying of course - fellows, you can even take out in the plane and slam a tune or 3.

Bravo Furch.

*Btw first time I ever tried an acoustic w. such a port.

Tell ya, , , it's a whole other listening-game.

Surely the size of a kettle, but from the clip, does not seem to have the kettle/sound-lingers-a-bit-long sound that can be found in the squares, esp the long scale'ers.

Skilled operator helps to make this one sound good, and it sure can take a whoopin', as many a small body guitar can. Love the sound as the neck is installed and the guitar boots up.

So . . . as we all have played a guitar with sound hole directed point-blank into the face to really hear/experience it, are you ready to sound port your 'birds, etc? How 'bout cutting a little piece of something to fit over the port on this Furch for an a/b to assess volume change out front?

Surely the size of a kettle, but from the clip, does not seem to have the kettle/sound-lingers-a-bit-long sound that can be found in the squares, esp the long scaler'ers.

Skilled operator helps to make this one sound good, and it sure can take a whoopin', as many a small body guitar can. Love the sound as the neck is installed and the guitar boots up.

So . . . as we all have played a guitar with sound hole directed point-blank into the face to really hear/experience it, are you ready to sound port your 'birds, etc? How 'bout cutting a little piece of something to fit over the port on this Furch for an a/b to assess volume change out front?

Oh, I know you sometimes use the 'kettle-like' term when describing squares - had to borrow it here. Simply because I met this charmer in a kitchen.

Actually covered the port with both hand and paper while the luthier strummed from in front. Changed/dampened the impression completely.

So much in fact it got a little frightening as I suddenly understood why the concept is seen more and more often. We might be missing a whole dimension without it.

Actually covered the port with both hand and paper while the luthier strummed from in front. Changed/dampened the impression completely.

So much in fact it got a little frightening as I suddenly understood why the concept is seen more and more often. We might be missing a whole dimension without it.

Eggsellent. Ports are more commonly seen on somewhat larger guitars, but the amount of air the small body guitar wants to push out immediately just might make it as good a candidate, if not a better one for this.

Archived