Gibson Brands Forums

Anyone Using a 57 Classic Plus in ES-335?

bluezguy

Anybody???

The balancing act if done by Gibson spec as far as pup heights go is pretty darn good, however, I'd rather have the 'extra juice' (in fact if there is any more) that the 57 CPlus might provide. All this nonsense is because I'm a singing guitar guy in a trio.

When I don't sing, I live on my volume and tone controls but, when singing, I gotta focus more on that and would rather just use my 3-way to flick from middle to bridge when required.

YouTube has examples but nothing that really shows the abilities of the 57 CPlus in a 335 without ridiculously cranked distortion and/or compression or processing of some kind. Don't trust the used pups on Ebay because 90% of them have been opened up. Can't return a new one because it's electrical. What a world!!

Thanks.

Not me.

I imagine you've checked the specs for comparison? If not the 57 Plus DC resistance is 8.25k ohms compared to 7.92 ohms on a regular 57 Classic. I have this set on a LP.

and a 57 Classic with Super 57 Classic on a ES-339. The Super 57 is 8.72k ohms

Both guitars have a similar sound with a little more definition on the LP across both pups.

Wouldnt it be nice just to visit a store and plug in a bunch of different pups to your guitar? It would certainly push up pickup sales.

Not me.

I imagine you've checked the specs for comparison? Yupppp. If not the 57 Plus DC resistance is 8.25k ohms (could be as high as 9.0k - they vary. That's why it sucks to buy a new boxed one ... you don't know which value you'll get!) compared to 7.92 (varies minisculy 7.90k - 8.0k) ohms on a regular 57 Classic. I have this set on a LP.

and a 57 Classic with Super 57 Classic on a ES-339. The Super 57 is 8.72k ohms

Both guitars have a similar sound with a little more definition on the LP across both pups.

Wouldnt it be nice just to visit a store and plug in a bunch of different pups to your guitar? It would certainly push up pickup sales. YES !!!!ABSOLUTELY!!! Thanks.

Archived