Gibson Brands Forums

Problems with my ES 175

daveinspain

Dave, please keep us updated on what the authorized Gibson repair people are able to do.

My apologies to all of you who read my previous post about GC and Gibson guitars. Most of you probably don't care about my opinions, and I know I'm beating a dead horse. But I have seen first hand how GC does business. They are famous for taking returned, severely flawed guitars and putting them back on their walls for resale, instead of returning them to the manufacturer. Additionally, I have heard about, and experienced first hand, the neck issues that Gibsons often have.

IMO, Gibson makes the best guitars there are, period. But too many flawed guitars get out of their factories, and a good many of them seem to pile up at GC.

Dave, please keep us updated on what the authorized Gibson repair people are able to do.

Will do, only problem is, in Spain everyone is on vacation in August. Shops and businesses are closed. I don't think I can get anyone to look at it until September...

I may be wrong on this, but it's my impression that archtops of all sorts, at least the full hollow versions, will change more with age and climate.

One reason the older generations of full archtops seem to have weathered that is simply that they've likely been adjusted through the years and at a certain point are more stable.

I do know that mine all are much more sensitive to "climate" as opposed to flattops. In fact, one of my more personally frustrating moments was on stage in the winter when the temps outside were well below freezing, the temp in the backstage prep area was perhaps 50F, and then on stage the warmer temp and hot lights pulled the archtop way outa tune.

Best of luck!

As for me, I'm getting back tuit, still working although a shorter schedule, and I'm getting up courage to get back to the guitars. My left side and left hand were a bit scrrewed up. I got my typing back to a journalist pro level, albeit much slower than two years ago, so perhaps

I can overcome the frustration of being pretty lousy at what I used to do half decently on guitar.

m

Archived