Gibson Brands Forums

Had a Sweet Gibson Kinda Day

zombywoof

My daughter's school was closed today so after a rousing lunch at Chuckie Cheese (great games - lousy pizza) we headed over to my favorite Mom & Pop music store just to say hello. Walk in the door and the owner comes up and with a big old fat grin on his face and hands me a guitar tells me to go sit down and have at it. He then walks behind the counter and returns with another he places it is the stand next to me.

The first was a 1950s SJ.

The second - a 1957 J-200

I just sat there a bit pickin' and a grinnin'

What a pleasant way to spend some time on a lazy sunny afternoon.

Great day, ya bum!! lol Where is this place? I want to buy both of those guitars. The only thing holding me back is that I don't have any money! I've got my lottery tickets in my wallet so I could be getting them as early as 6:05 Saturday evening. Have faith my friends!!

I was an Oak - did not buy either. I did buy my daughter a tambourine though.

The J-200 is a natural. I did not even bother asking the price as I just assumed it was one of those guitars I would have to worship from afar. Because it is a natural I thought it only proper that the first tune I played on it be some Rev. Gary Davis. I went with "Hesitation Blues." I kept thinking - if only mine had that neck.

Archived