Gibson Brands Forums

"Williston" on my new J-35....

dhanners623

Hey folks! Any of you swapped out the bridge pins from plastic to bone, tusQ, ebony?

The saddles/nut seems to be fine by me but would swapping out the plastic bridge pins make any difference as in warming the sound up a bit?

Would all say that the J35 is within a tad brighter than you would expect? Not that its a brighter than any big name brand out there.

Am quite happy with the sound right now but in the works of experimenting a little bit here. Any experienced in swapping this for that?

Peace!

Trans

Switched mine out with camel-bone pins (hey, I live in the Middle East. We've got lots of camels...) and I'd say it warmed the tone up a tad and made things a little crisper. It wasn't a huge change, but I noticed it. Don't know if others would.

Yao!!! Just swapped out the 'ol plastic bridge pins ( not that I have anything against it )to Ebony and it gave a little more warmth and clarity with volume. Will stick to it for now and see how she'll develop.

Peace!

Trans

I have spent a little time in Williston, I would say it's my least favorite place on earth. It's a town built for 10,000 that had (when I was there) waaay more than that and 95 percent of them don't want to be there. Angry people, long lines and price gouging. I turned down a good job there, best thing I've ever done!

Nice playing and songwriting. I think you hit the nail on the head!

Archived