Gibson Brands Forums

Frampton signature in white

Dominic Rodgers

Can anyone confirm whether the Frampton signature guitar has ever been or is now available in white? I have seen one for sale in white with covered pickups and wondered whether these were available options, whether the guitar was a custom order or that its not genuine. Thanks for any light you can shed.

The Frampton 3 pickup Les Paul Custom only was made in black. I have one of those guitars and it rocks. The Les Paul Jr. Frampton 3 pickup comes in sunburst only. Those are the only 2 signature Gibson guitars with Peter's name on it from the custom shop. Peter did do a signature acoustic guitar with a different guitar manufacturer a few years ago that is not out of production.

• 8 months later...

It MIGHT have been a very hard to come by guitar put out by Gibson in the late 80s. If it was white with gold hardware and cream plastic, then that was one of them. I had the one with only 2 pickups and absolutely loved it, made a bad bad bad mistake by selling that one! Never seen one since...

I own a Frampton Signature Custom. Fantastic guitar. I have never seen one in white and actually asked the CS to make me one in white and they refused to do it. However, I have seen Chinese knock offs in white on ebay that claim to be a Frampton signature model. Beware.

Archived