Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson/epiphone hummingbird frankenstein

NewBirdDude

My point was no other aspect of the thing is legitimate, so the headstock SN makes no difference. A lot of fakes have a phony SN stamped on the back, but a lot of others don't. The appearance of a stamped SN is not proof of a legitimate or fake guitar. You have to look at everything to make a determination. The different back bracing pattern, the copy pickguard, the wrong neck, the knockoff tuners, they all add up to fake. It might be a good $200 guitar, but it is not nor has it ever been a Hummingbird (not even an Epiphone Hummingbird).

It may still be worth $100. I wouldn't go $200 because you can easily get an Epiphone Hummingbird for that, which will have real Grover tuners and laminated, although higher quality woods. And a decent pickup.

You could have just said all this in the first place. 3 of the problems you mentioned had not been mentioned yet. As of now, you're still the only one who has responded with any info about headstock SN stamping. I was thinking that the neck may be legit even though the body was trash. Now, thanks to the info that you have provided, I know the tuners are fake and the lack of a stamp indicates a fake. The link from alibaba adds to the case against the neck.

Safely we can assume no part of this guitar is legit. Thanks for your contribution.

My point was no other aspect of the thing is legitimate, so the headstock SN makes no difference. A lot of fakes have a phony SN stamped on the back, but a lot of others don't. The appearance of a stamped SN is not proof of a legitimate or fake guitar. You have to look at everything to make a determination. The different back bracing pattern, the copy pickguard, the wrong neck, the knockoff tuners, they all add up to fake. It might be a good $200 guitar, but it is not nor has it ever been a Hummingbird (not even an Epiphone Hummingbird).

It may still be worth $100. I wouldn't go $200 because you can easily get an Epiphone Hummingbird for that, which will have real Grover tuners and laminated, although higher quality woods. And a decent pickup.

Missed this post, but it sums up everything, that's what i was thinking when i wrote the post just above...

And i agree with epi hummy, it is a cheap and nice axe to carry around and at least it is genuine

You could have just said all this in the first place. 3 of the problems you mentioned had not been mentioned yet. As of now, you're still the only one who has responded with any info about headstock SN stamping. I was thinking that the neck may be legit even though the body was trash. Now, thanks to the info that you have provided, I know the tuners are fake and the lack of a stamp indicates a fake. The link from alibaba adds to the case against the neck.

Safely we can assume no part of this guitar is legit. Thanks for your contribution.

Believe it or not the Chinese even produce fake Epiphones as well as Gibsons.

Serial numbers / factories mean nothing.

100% this is fake knock off. Stay away. There are plenty of legit cheaper guitars around.

Archived